29th December 2013
Organised by the Cochin Municipal Corporation in association with Push Integrated Communication Private Ltd, the Muthoot Finance Cochin International Half Marathon will showcase the spirit and vibrancy of the Queen of Arabian Sea. The Marathon is not just about the kilometres being run, it is a journey through the history of Cochin and the landmarks that shaped it. The Marathon will take the participants from the Maharaja College grounds to the quaint town of Mattancherry .
National and international consultants have been roped in to make this event memorable. World-renowned long distance athletes will be present and you will get to run alongside them through some of the city's most famous landmark. Don't wait anymore, enrol and be part of the Muthoot Finance Cochin International Half Marathon.
An event promoted and executed by Push Integrated Communications Pvt. Ltd
For more information contact:
Phone: 0484 2207022
The Marathon will be divided into 3 categories. Choose one that you would like to run.
Half Marathon - 21 km
Fun run - 7 km
Celebrity run - 2 km
Race Start Time
Half Marathon Elite - 6:15 am followed by Half Marathon Open, followed by Half Marathon 35 yrs - 45 yrs, followed by Half Marathon 45 yrs - 55 yrs, followed by Half Marathon 55 yrs and above
Fun Run - 6.45 am
ONLINE REGISTRATIONS CLOSE ON 24TH DECEMBER 2013
26th Dec, 27th Dec, 28thDec 2013 - Collection of Running Number BIBs and Timing BIB Tags for local and outstation confirmed participants at Maharaja's College Ground.
29th Dec 2013 Race Day
- You are to participate only in the race category for which you had applied and for which your entry has been confirmed. Your entry and running number bib is not transferable to any other person under any circumstance.
- Runners found to have interchanged their running number bib and/or bib tag with another individual, will be disqualified from the Event and shall not be allowed to apply or participate in the 2014 edition of the Event.
- The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify or exclude any person from event/competition who gives incorrect personal data/details on the entry form, who has been banned from competition under IAAF jurisdiction, or who is suspected of having taken banned substances. No refund of entry fee will be made.
- No result or certificate will be given to runners of the Half Marathon who do not start their run at the respective start times of the race categories they have been confirmed in.
- Please note if you tamper with the bib tag in any way or remove/exchange it another runner, you won't be able to get an official finish time and thereby the official timing certificate recording your finish times. No Chip - No Timing - No Prize Money.
- Prize Money is applicable only for the Half Marathon.
- No wheeled vehicles are allowed on the course. Anyone bringing wheeled vehicles will be disqualified from the race; you will be asked to leave the course.
- Participants are not allowed to run with babies or children who are under aged for the designated category and unregistered runners.
- Participants will not be allowed to enter the event venue with gas balloons.
- In order to ensure the re-opening of roads to normal traffic by 9.15 a.m., the organizers will designate cut off times at specified locations. Runners failing to reach these specific locations within times specified must stick to the footpath in order to complete your race.
- Only those confirmed participants wearing the current Cochin International Half Marathon 2013 running number bibs will be allowed on the route. Any person found wearing the incorrect bib or no bib will be disqualified and removed by the course security.
- Further, every runner must wear his/her running number bib on the front of the vest worn. Any mutilation, fold, alteration or damage to the bib will amount to disqualification of the runner from the Event.
- Organizers reserve the right to stop any participant from participating who is found medically unfit to continue in the opinion of the medical personnel.
- Baggage counters are available for participants of the Half Marathon and Fun Run categories. For security reasons, participants are requested to come without any baggage. It is strongly recommended that you do not leave valuables like mobile phone, camera, jewellery, watch, electronic gadgets, etc. in the bag stored. Organizers are not responsible for any loss or baggage and belongings.
- Participants are requested to cooperate with the police and security personnel deputed at the Maharaja College Ground, the Holding Area and on route. Participants/supporters are liable to random checking on race day - this is for your own security.
Your Race Timing
The Half Marathon is compulsory timed race at the Muthoot Finance Cochin International Half Marathon 2013. The RFID Bib Tag will be used for timing purposes at the Event.
A 'Bib Tag' is a transponder, marked with a unique identification number. The 'Bib Tag' can be used under all weather conditions, wet and dry, cold and hot. The 'Bib Tag' starts to send its signal when it crosses various mats which are placed at the Start & Finish gates and at designated split points on the course. Your time at such points will be captured and duly recorded. This timing technology will be provided and managed by Timing Technologies India, the official distributor of the Mylaps Sports Timing System in India and Asia.
All confirmed half marathon runners will get their RFID Bib Tag which is attached to their respective running numbers, from the Bib Collection Center at the Maharaja's College Ground (entrance from P T Usha Cross Road), between 26th and 28th December 2013, from 10 am to 6 pm each day.
It's necessary for every participant of the Half Marathon to collect his/her running number bib (with big tag) personally from the Bib Collection Center. Why?
- Know how to wear your 'Bib Tag'.
- Understand the do's and don'ts of your race and timing
- Verify your information with us.
Please read the instructions given to you prior to using your bib and bib tag on race day. Each Bib Tag is specifically allocated to the running number of individual runners. DO NOT exchange your running number bib with another fellow runner nor try to remove the bib tag from your bib and hand it over to another fellow runner. Any interchange will amount to no timing and disqualification of your participation from the Event.
Usage of multiple timing devices will not record your time and will amount to disqualification. Also please note you cannot use this 'Bib Tag' to time yourself at any other distance running event.
How does the 'Bib Tag' work?
On race day, just wear your running number with the 'Bib Tag'. The Bib Tag is attached to the running bib number and sends out a unique signal. Detection mats are placed at the start and finish and intermediate time points. The mats serve as the system antennas and detect the signals sent out by the Bib Tags. Your time at such points is captured and duly recorded. Remember- you must wear your Bib which has been specifically allocated to you.
How to wear the 'Bib Tag'?
- Wear the bib number horizontally and visibly on the chest, NOT on your back.
- Do not remove or cover the bib with anything including your jacket during your run. Always remember that the timing mat must see your bib when you are crossing it.
- The 'Bib Tag' is stuck on the backside of your bib.
- DO NOT fold or crumple your bib number or Bib Tag.
- Use a pin in each corner of the number bib - ensure you DO NOT pierce the Tag.
- DO NOT remove the foam spacer or tamper with the Bib Tag in any way.
- DO NOT separate or remove the bib tag from the bib.
Timing certificates will be issued to participants of the Half Marathon category within 21 working days after Race Day to those runners who fulfill the following criterion. The timing certificate certifies participation in the Event.
To those runners whose timing has been captured across all timing mats on the half marathon course, including the start and finish mats, and who cross the finish line within 3 hours for start times of respective race categories.
Timing certificates will be available for download from the event website within 21 working days after the race. Physical timing certificates will not be posted to individual runners.
Edgar De Veer, Netherlands
An experienced and illustrious organizer, co-ordinator and manager of track & athletic events all over the world, Edgar De Veer is the man behind many elite marathons. Some of the events he's founded or been an integral part of include:Amsterdam Marathon
Dam Tot Dam
Seven Hills Race
Tilburg Ten Miles
Egmond Half Marathon
Grand Prix Bern
Hengelo GP Meeting
Papendal Games Nijmegen Global Athletics
Face of the Event
Awards & Accolades
Overall Prize Money for Half Marathon (21.097 kms)
|Separate Prize fund for Indian athletes in Half Marathon|
|1||USD 5000||USD 5000||1||Rs 2 lakhs||Rs 2 lakhs|
|2||USD 3000||USD 3000||2||Rs 1.5 lakh||Rs 1.5 lakh|
|3||USD 2000||USD 2000||3||Rs 1 lakh||Rs 1 lakh|
|4||USD 1500||USD 1500||4||Rs 75,000||Rs 75,000|
|5||USD 1000||USD 1000||5||Rs 60,000||Rs 60,000|
|6||USD 750||USD 750||6||Rs 50,000||Rs 50,000|
|7||USD 500||USD 500||7||Rs 25,000||Rs 25,000|
|8||Rs 15,000||Rs 15,000|
|9||Rs 10,000||Rs 10,000|
|10||Rs 7,500||Rs 7,500|
Prize Money for Half Marathon (21.097km) age categories
|For 35 years to less than 45 (All those born between 30-12-1968 and 29- 12-1978)||For 45 to less than 55 (All those born between 30-12-1958 and 29-12-1968)|
|1||Rs 15,000||Rs 15,000||1||Rs 15,000||Rs 15,000|
|2||Rs 10,000||Rs 10,000||2||Rs 10,000||Rs 10,000|
|3||Rs 5,000||Rs 5,000||3||Rs 5,000||Rs 5,000|
|For 55 and above (All those born before 29-12-1958)|
|1||Rs 15,000||Rs 15,000|
|2||Rs 10,000||Rs 10,000|
|3||Rs 5,000||Rs 5,000|